Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Up And Coming New Nashville- Kim McLean (With Exclusive Interview)

Kim McLean is one of those Nashville behind-the-scenes icons that you may not have heard of, but you have definitely heard. The photo of her is so very representative of her career- she has let the music be at the forefront. Kim McLean is a career songwriter with songs recorded by Tim McGraw, Trisha Yearwood, Lee Ann Womack, Billy Gilman, Jennifer Hanson, and more. She won Gospel Song of the Year at the Dove Awards for "Count Your Blessing" recorded by the Martins. With over 200 of her songs recorded by other artists and heard on TV shows like West Wing, JAG, and Hope & Faith, Kim steps into the artist spotlight with her own music for a groove-rock-country sound that is uniquely her. She's a North Carolina Irish-Cherokee chick who currently lives outside Nashville and tours extensively.

http://www.myspace.com/kimmclean

That Nashville Sound had an opportunity to interview the talented McLean about her music career:

TNS- What brought you to Nashville?

KM- Songwriting. I moved here with my husband and two little girls, our collie, and a hundred original songs. I loved Country music for its honesty and story-telling. I could be real when I wrote Country songs, could tell the whole truth, and write about all of life. Not that I don't love a good love song; but in Country music you can talk about everything. It's like taking a snapshot of life everyday and putting a melody to it.

TNS- Looking over your career thus far, what do you rank as a couple of the highlights?

KM- One great highlight was having Dolly Parton sing with me on my HAPPY FACE album, especially the particular song that we did. It was a song I wrote for my daughters. Truthfully, it's difficult to choose highlights because the whole dream has been such an adventure. I've met many interesting people, some I like, some I don't, some who like me, some who don't. Because of the opportunities Nashville has given me, I have travelled to many other places, and everywhere I go there is someone who has heard a song or two of mine. That's an incredible feeling, a perpetual highlight.

TNS- What might people be suprised to find out about you?

KM- That I went to college after having career success, got my BS in Music and then my MA in Biblical Theology. I love to study, I read incessantly, and I may just go on for my Doctorate one of these days!

TNS- What kind of music are you listening to? What's in your iPod?

KM- I love Jason Mraz, Cold Play, Joni Mitchell, Enya, Dolly (of course), Shelby Lynn, Sheryl Crow, Prince, Lenny Kravitz, Suzanne Vega...boy, what a loaded question! These days we all have thousands of iSongs at our finger tips. Those are the first to come to mind, but I also love oldies. I know the songs better than the groups. You know, 60's and 70's, like "Spirit in the Sky," and "Sugar Sugar."

TNS- If you had a crystal ball and looked forward ten years, what do you see for yourself?

KM- Well, I see lots more music. I feel like my best musical work is yet to come. I see travel, good times, and I see some remodeling projects for my farm-house. : ) My son plays drums for me, so 10 years from now we'll have lots of great stories to tell. And, as I mentioned, I might just be Dr.Kim McLean by then - the groovy theologian.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar