Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Topshop take us through their lookbook for SS12

 Topshop have released more pictures from their lookbook for next season - although with the early advances of Spring in this country - looks like this season already! Its a mad collection of clashing colors, mad prints and er, bomber jackets. We posted the looks for the season already which you can access here to get a detailed look at the direction Topshop are going....
 I love that gold sequin skirt - its a remake of a skirt they had in crushed velvet last season which sold really well for them. They are all over the sequin and shimmer trend which was seen on the catwalks of Versace and Chanel this season. If your not big on shimmy and shine then another way to do it is to inject a bit by changing your accessories or adding one piece of sequin or pastel amongst your usual wardrobe. Personally, not sure if the shimmery look is really me or not but I do like that bag above! It has 'town' and 'errands' written all over it...
 This also has a mad sniff of Versace off it but you can take inspiration from the brand and Mary Katrantzou by clashing all over prints and using statement printed leggings or trousers to get the effect. I love how the bag and the skirt clash perfectly. The way to get clashing prints to work like that is to identify a common color between them. Note how the skirt has light pink piece which are matched by the small piece of pink in the print on the top and leggings and the bag echoes the white. It helps not to confuse the eye too much and means that the pieces aren't competing for attention with each other.
 As I mentioned - Topshop are big on the bomber jacket for next season. I mean - BIG on the bomber jacket. I am not sure if I am ready to forgive the jacket just yet for its crimes against 80s fashion but, it doesn't look too bad in it's 2012 remake! Warning though - another trend which Topshop are promoting is the belly top trend which was seen at pretty much every show going, although and example of which can be seen at Dolce and Gabanna.
 I am feeling metallics as always. I had seen this jacket already on the site and thought it looked quite nice. My natural instinct would be to team it with black but I think the white is a different and nice effect. However, I am wary of buying metallics from the high street as I think the metallics wear down after a while and the shine comes off leaving this horrible worn effect. So I think if I was to do metallics then I wouldn't be doing expensive pieces like this leather jacket...
I really like this in an odd way - odd that I am the girl who hates print but yet, I love this.  I can't imagine it being too flattering on any girl above a size 10, which includes me but still.. the pieces could be nice on their own mixed with other pieces. Like those leggings with a white shirt knotted over them.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar