Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Masterpiece that is Gaga's "Marry the Night"!



     Even during Hell Week, Lady Gaga knows how to make me smile. I do not care if this is my 20th post about my idol, here is number 21! I could not concentrate knowing that Gaga's newest music video for fifth single, "Marry the Night", would be released today on E! But when I returned home I saw that the video was already being leaked all over the Internet, even being noticed by Gaga herself. The video premieres at 7 tonight, but here is the video in its 14 minute entirety.
     The video begins with an eight minute prelude telling the story of how Gaga's career almost never began. After being removed from a clinic after what appears to have been a drug overdose, Gaga is dropped from her then record label. Seems they regret that decision now! The video cuts to scenes of Gaga in a black car while the song finally gets underway. The pop queen is the shown in a dance studio participating in some difficult choreography- while showing as much skin as possible. Scenes of Gaga's past as shown as her and her dances take the party to the streets. The video ends with a note on her hand reading "Interscope Records, 4pm" and the artist in an out of this world outfit. Perfect ending. I had tears.
     The video is Gaga's greatest work, it may even top "Bad Romance". From beginning to end, Gaga lets everyone into her dark, personal past and you cannot help but route for her continued success. After the crazy and bizarre prelude, the video turns into a simple, classy, "Fame" moment that shows another side of the singer. She is showing us the real her, with a few costume changes throw in for good measure. I love every single second, right down to her naked body, and artist's need to take notes at how a video shouldl be crafted. Gaga directed this piece on her own, it shows in the editing, but it works and gives the video even more of a personal touch and feel. Paws Up!
     "Marry the Night" was at position number 74 on iTunes Top 100 last time I checked, buy the amazing track and lets get Gaga her 12th consecutive top ten hit. There is no stopping this phenomenon, she is just going to continue to impress. Now I have to take a breath and watch the video thirty more times before I can start on any school work. Now I just want to marry the night!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar