Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cracking Up

In keeping with my goal of trying to do a fun mani on the weekend, this past one I pulled out a couple things I'd gotten in a swap with a lovely Australian gal on MakeupAlley.

BYS

BYS Shadow Puppets and Cracked Finish Purple.


The light grey creme, Shadow Puppets, went on first. After three coats it was still more sheer than I prefer for a polish to be worn alone, but I wasn't going to wear it alone, so I proceeded to the next step—without stopping to take a picture, because I was very excited to see what was ahead. Next I applied one coat of the Cracked Finish, which seemed a tiny bit streaky but I didn't want to try and even it out lest I disturb the cracking action. At first nothing happened and I was worried, but then as the purple dried, the surface of my nails started looking distressed and by the time it was fully dry, I had some interesting crack patterns on them. I didn't use BYS top coat as recommended on the Cracked Finish box, as I did not have any, so I put my standby Sally Hansen Insta Dri on instead.

BYS

BYS

The purple has a blue-ish shimmer to it; it photographs more blue in the bottle than it looks on the nail. After a day and a half, the finish looked more distressed. Maybe a different top coat would have helped the crackle layer adhere better, but when a mani starts out with jagged lines across it, a few chips around the edges aren't really a big deal.

BYS

Like the Cover Girl Crackle Lacquer from back in the day, this BYS Cracked Finish was a lot of fun. I also got a black one in the same swap, and I'm looking forward to trying that one and experimenting with both colors over other brands of polish, too.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar