Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Disneyland in Black and White

Do not adjust your eyebones. Today's photos are in shades of gray! They are scanned from two strips of undated negatives - there's not much to go on as far as determining the date, so I am going to generalize and guess "mid-1960's". 

I have often wanted to sit in giant crockery, so the "Mad Tea Party" attraction was kind of a dream come true. And you know what? It was everything I thought it would be. 

This first picture shows a CM striding among the teacups, making sure that all is well. He looks confident, as if he's done this a thousand times (and he probably has). He also looks like he is barely out of high school.


 Notice the patch on his shirt, along with what appears to be one of the brass employee ID badges that were only given out in the early years - which makes me wonder if these photos aren't actually from the 1950's.


I can almost feel the centrifugal forces pulling on me! Two girls are enjoying their ride, with one of them doing all the work. I sympathize, since that's usually my job. Hopefully her friend won't reward her by barfing.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar