Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Outdoor Living

Oregon really is a wonderful place to be in the summer.  Blue skies, warm days... is your weather playing nice for you?  The tree in the upper left of this photo is a Corkscrew Willow.  It has a story.  My daughter Amy took a floral arrangement home from my Dad's funeral.  She called a week later and exclaimed that roots were growing on a twisted stick in the bouquet.  I told her she should stick it in some dirt, which she did.  She put it out on her deck and it looked poorly, so I had her bring it down to my houseboat and it flourished there.  I planted it by the pond we had installed here on the farm and it's really getting BIG!  So, each time I see it I think of my Dad and the journey of that little stick.  


I feed the koi and enjoy watching them swim about in their watery habitat.  



I'm looking forward to having our daughter Amy and granddaughters here and enjoying hanging out on the deck and some alfresco meals.  



The roses on the property are doing well.. the fair weather, sunshine and occasional rain has made them happy.



My 4th of July rose is such a happy flower.



I think this Begonia is going to get massive this summer as it's so big already.  



I have two trees that need planting, the Red Bud and this long needle pine.  I dug this up when it was 6 inches tall and it's grown and thrived in the pot but I do know it needs to go into the ground.  Problem is - it's so hard to decide where to put a tree as you have to think of how big it will get.  I am determined to make the decisions and get them planted soon.


I love these bright orange-y red flowers.


I've put more rows in my Dune blanket.. I wonder if I'll get one of them done and be able to start the second one while the girls are here.  And if I get one done.. how will I decide who gets the first one?  You might notice that Mocha looks a bit "shorn".  We took her to get groomed a few weeks ago and were rather shocked at how close she cut her.  We kept wondering how she got the idea to cut all her hair off!  It will grow.. we tell ourselves.  



I'm off to swim soon.  Dayle got the two rollaway beds put together and up in the attic yesterday.  He's going to put the new sheets and blankets on while I'm gone.  I can't wait to get it all ready for them.  We're going to put a little table and lamp up there too.  And we got a little AC unit in the window up there.  They arrive on Sunday evening.  OK.. off I go.. have a great day!!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar