Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



I started to get a scratchy throat and pretty good head cold Saturday.  The day before I actually came home from work early with a stomach ache.  I spent Sunday and Monday resting and recuperating.  By Monday evening the sinus pressure in my face finally waned and I started to feel better.  I haven't been this sick for quite a while and I always feel bad missing work, but this time it couldn't be helped.


I headed back to work on Tuesday and that was about all I could manage.  Thankfully one of my daughter's friends was able to help me with getting her to the charity concert she performed in that night.  I didn't dare go to the concert and cough my way through the performances.  Not at all what the audience came to hear.

Wednesday I brought home from work a zippered vinyl bag that a wheelchair cushion came in.  I saved it from the trash and plan to reuse it for organized storage at home.  Particularly for some upcoming projects I hope to dive into soon.


I made my daughter's doctor a batch of Death By Chocolate cookies and took them to him at her appointment this week.  I included a thank you card with a sticky bow on the envelope, both from my stash too.  He is such a wonderful man and he was pretty excited about those cookies.

  
Beautiful!  And she has a very proud mama too!


My youngest had an out of town dance competition Saturday.  My goal was to be extra careful with our fuel in the car and only use a half tank so I would have enough to go to the competition.  I budgeted for a tank and a half of gas this month for our car and as it turned out I had just a hair above the halfway mark.  I topped up the tank and off we went.

My very small grocery haul Friday night

To save even more I packed our small cooler with food from the pantry and fridge to take with us for our meals so we didn't need to eat out or buy concessions.  I also packed some water bottles we filled at home.  The night before I made ham salad and we packed that along with crackers, yogurt, veggies & salad dressing, sliced cheese, almonds and apples.  It worked out really well.  When we got home that evening it was fairly late.  We were able to reheat leftovers for a super quick supper.


It was the perfect week to pull things from our freezer since I didn't feel much like cooking.  I took out leftover lasagna which fed my youngest two suppers and one lunch, chicken broth which I made into egg drop soup, burrito filling which I sent my oldest back to college with and enchilada sauce to make a small pan of beef enchiladas with.  I baked the enchiladas Friday evening and we had leftovers for the weekend ahead which came in very handy.  I put Keto "Crack" Chicken in the slow cooker one day and a batch of chili on another day.  We also made sure to eat up our leftovers.  It seemed like a lot of cooking last week, but it was super easy and didn't require much in the way of effort or cleanup.


Even though I was sick all last week I was still able to keep up on my housekeeping.  Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - tidied laundry room, vacuumed floors, scrubbed sink, washed rug.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped the floor, cleaned microwave, cleaned & bleached sink.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Cleaned mirror, washed rug, scrubbed tub & toilet.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - two loads of laundry, vacuumed living room, hallway & entry, cleaned fireplace.  Swept front porch.

How was your thrifty week?


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar